by Pam Lyons Gromen
As 2016 comes to a close, enjoy our year-end edition of the Wild Oceans Horizon. We report Progress for People and Fish in our summary of the year’s accomplishments and also recognize the charitable foundations and individuals who generously contributed to our success. We are already hard at work for a major Atlantic menhaden victory in 2017. Learn how you can help! Also, read staff updates on other work in progress: implementation of The Billfish Conservation Act, rebuilding Pacific bluefin and restoring river herring and shad along the Atlantic coast.
Here is the complete list of stories in this issue:
* Ocean View: The Buck Stops…Where?
* 2016 in Review: Progress for People and Fish
* Act Now for the Future of Menhaden
* Mid-Atlantic Council Says “No” to Federal Management of River Herring and Shad
* Spotlight on Northern Anchovy
* Staff Travel Log
* The Truth about the Dare to “Go Slow” on Bluefin